On the night of 1 December a fire broke out in a religious boarding school, located in the city of Colp, which is located in the Southeast of Turkey. Killing six boys aged 10 to 13 years.
As stated, the fire occurred around 2:40 local time. According to one version, the cause was a short circuit. On the other – the heater reflex type.
Several students managed to escape by jumping from a window of the second floor that housed the bedrooms. Three students were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.