Thursday, December 1, the President of France françois Hollande in live announced that refuses his candidature for the presidential elections scheduled for April 2017.
The company Elabe published the results of a public opinion poll, according to which neither Hollande, nor his Prime Minister Manuel Valls can’t count on getting to the second round of the presidential election. If elections were held now, according to the poll data, would be won by the candidate from «Republican» françois Fillon, and in the second place would be the leader of the far-right party «national front» marine Le Pen.
In addition, last month, Hollande appeared in the center of a scandal about disclosure of state secrets. The Paris Prosecutor’s office began the investigation into the leak of a document containing confidential information about the plans of the defense Department. The document was obtained by French journalists during a meeting with President Francois Hollande at the Elysee Palace. The reason for the investigation was the material published in Le Monde on August 24 last year. The authors Gerard Dave and Fabrice Lom told about his meeting with Hollande, also said that they have a document testifying to France’s strikes on Syria in August-September 2013.