In the Jewish summer camp Nah-Jee-Wah, located in Milford of the state of new Jersey, died on 11-year-old Daniel Bier, reports Times of Israel.
The staff of the camp, noticing that the teenager was not feeling well, took him to the hospital in Port Jervis. At the same time, in the camp were sure that we are talking about poisoning or discomfort associated with the gastrointestinal tract. However, soon the boy died, despite all efforts of doctors.
Three days later it became known to cause Daniel’s death – a viral form of meningitis, leading to inflammation of the brain and spinal cord. The symptoms can be high fever, headache, nausea and vomiting.
The camp stated that after receiving this information, medical center Nah-Jee-Wah appointed to all the children and staff of the camp, even those who had no contact with Daniel Bier, a prophylactic course of antibiotics.