The armed Syrian opposition made a final decision not to send representatives to the negotiations in Astana. On Wednesday, March 15, told RIA Novosti the head of the General staff of the «free Syrian army», Ahmad berry.
«The final decision — not to participate. The situation has not changed,» said berry.
Earlier in the day the head of the Russian delegation in Astana, Alexander Lavrentyev said that the arrival of the delegation of the opposition possible on Thursday, in this connection, the guarantor countries left in the Astana part of their delegations «for consultations on the interests of the Syrian armed opposition issues.»
The negotiations held in the capital of Kazakhstan on March 14-15, representatives of the countries-guarantors – Russia, Turkey and Iran discussed a wide range of issues. Due to the lack of opposition did not take place the scheduled plenary meeting, the parties focused on consultations in various formats.
The statement said the outcome of the negotiations, read out by Deputy foreign Minister of Kazakhstan Akylbek Kamaldinov, Russia, Turkey and Iran and reaffirmed their commitment to a political settlement in Syria and stressed the importance of «Astana» for the Geneva process.
It was also decided that on April 18-19 in Tehran will host a meeting of experts of the countries-guarantors. The next round of inter-Syrian negotiations will be held in Astana on may 3-4.