On Sunday evening, January 31, on the NRG website published an article by Asaf Gabor that the Arab who sold the house in Hebron to Jews, surrendered to Palestinian police.
In a publication called the name of the seller. This Yusuf Abd al-Aziz Satari. Before you give up the Palestinian police, in an interview with NRG, he explained why he made this decision. Satari reported that in the last days of power autonomy put pressure on his family, several of his relatives were detained for questioning (later, he said, let them go). At first Satori thought it prudent to escape, because according to the laws of PA sale of real estate or land the Jews could be punished severely – the seller faces up to the death penalty. Nevertheless, in order not to expose the relatives, he decided to voluntarily surrender, hoping for leniency of authorities PA.
Zatari confirmed that it is the sole owner of two houses in Hebron sold to Jews. Thus, from a legal point of view the transaction is legitimate. He explained that decided to sell these houses to the Jews just because they were willing to pay much more than the Arabs. The seller also said that he negotiated with the Jews of the sale of these buildings since 2008.
The Palestinian media do not publish yet any information about what is happening with Satori after he surrendered to the authorities of the PA.
Previously on the website, «the Seventh channel» published information that the security services of the PA held hostage brother and 17-year-old son Satori, hoping thus to force the seller of the house to surrender. Satori in a conversation with NRG correspondent Asaf Gabor claimed that all his relatives were released before he went to «surrender».
We will remind that on January 21, dozens of young Jews were settled in two houses located near the Cave of the Patriarchs. These houses were named «Beit Rachel» and «Beit Lei». In total, these buildings is around 20 apartments and four rooms for shops.
Activists of the settlement movement initially stated that the house that had been vacant for the last 15 years, were bought from legitimate owners, the deal was done a few days ago and was kept secret until the invasion. The lawyer of the seller has confirmed the fact of purchase.
Settlers stressed that buying real estate in Hebron was a response to the murder of Daphne Meir in the settlement of Otniel. Residents of Hebron also appealed to the government of Israel with the demand to allow Jews to buy houses «anywhere in Eretz Yisrael,» and especially in Hebron. The authors of the message asked the Israeli authorities to help them ensure the safety of Arab seller and his family members.
22 January, on the orders of defense Minister Moshe ya’alon, security forces evacuated the Jews who settled in «Beit Rachel» and «Beit Lei». The settlers offered no resistance. During the evacuation, no one was hurt.
To support the settlers of Hebron were made by many Ministers and deputies from parties «Likud» and «Bayt Yehudi», including the speaker of the Knesset Yuli Edelstein, education Minister, Naftali Bennett, and other politicians.
Later it became known that the Israeli authorities intend to allow the settlers to return to one of the houses purchased in Hebron. The legality of buying a second home continues.