Wednesday, July 12, the military-political Cabinet will hold a meeting to discuss building in Qalqilya.
Currently the majority of Ministers oppose the approval of this plan. In his statement insists defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman.
Speaking at a meeting of the Yisrael Beiteinu faction on Monday, the defense Minister said that those who oppose this plan, I don’t know what they’re talking about. «As far as I know, in recent years, no-one Israelis walked around Qalqilya. At the same time, from this city during the recent wave of terror was not committed a single act of terrorism». According to Avigdor Lieberman, it is about the construction of 6,500 housing units, and the legalization of the already constructed 1,500 housing units.
It is unknown what the position on this issue is Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
As previously reported, on 18 June, the Prime Minister ordered to bring the project in Qalqilya on further consideration the military-political Cabinet. This decision was made on the background of sharp criticism of the plan. The criticism came from Ministers from the «Bayt Yehudi» and some Ministers from the «Likud».
Later than the Second channel ITV announced that at the meeting of heads of coalition factions, the Prime Minister said, «I don’t remember the decision of the Cabinet on the expansion of construction in Qalqilya».