Thanks to a lawsuit against the Metropolitan government filed in the Jerusalem district court, became aware of the major real estate transactions concluded six years ago, and having not only economic but also political aspect.
It turned out that the Greek Patriarchate was sold to the group of Israeli investors plots with a total area of 50 hectares, located in the Jerusalem neighborhoods of Rehavia, Talbia and Niot. These areas since 1951, leased the Jewish national Fund.
In total there are about 200 plots. As reported by «Arutz 7», they arranged the theatre «Khan», part of the Israel Museum, the Central synagogue, the center of the heritage of Menachem begin and other public buildings.
The amount of the transaction, concluded in 2011 by Patriarch Theophilus the Third, not reported. Unknown and names of buyers. According to the website «kalkalist», the stations were acquired by the company «NIAT Komemiyut Ascot», which is represented by a lawyer Noam Ben David.
Recall that in 2000, the Patriarchate has tried to sell the plots, but during the trial it was established that some of the documents falsified. The part of the defendants was sentenced to a prison term.