The newly elected government of Argentina headed by President Mauricio Macri cancelled its agreement with Iran a joint investigation of the terrorist attack at the Jewish center of Buenos Aires – as promised during the election campaign.
This Monday, December 14, employees of the Ministry of justice presented the draft of the waiver to appeal the decision of the Federal court, which last year found the Treaty unconstitutional, writes Jewish news Agency JTA.
This decision was welcomed by the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu: «the long-Awaited change of course, which I hope will lead to a substantial improvement of relations between Israel and Argentina and other South American countries in the coming years,» – said on the eve of the Israeli leader during his speech at the weekly Cabinet meeting.
The agreement in question, sharply criticized Israel and the Jewish community in Argentina, since the Islamic Republic was behind this conspiracy, which began in 1994 85 people and hundreds of others were injured.
Makri is known for its long-established relationships with the local Jewish community. As mayor of Buenos Aires, he implemented a project to support start-UPS in the Israeli model Start-Up Nation in which Argentine entrepreneurs have regularly visited Israel and studied there, entering the world market, and then described their experience on the website of the city authorities.
In June 2014, Macri visited the Jewish state and participated in the deliberations of the Jerusalem conference of mayors, which expressed solidarity with Israel in its fight against terror.
«The world must understand the suffering of Israelis. It is easy to advise from afar, but it is necessary to visit this country, to imagine the reality», – he said in an interview with reporters.
Recall that on 18 July 1994 a suicide bomber from Lebanon blew up the car near the building of the Jewish community center in Buenos Aires. The explosion killed 85 people, 330 people were injured. The Argentine Prosecutor’s office came to the conclusion that behind the attacks were Iran and Hizbullah, however, under pressure of President Carlos Menem local law enforcement authorities have delayed the investigation for 10 years. Only with the coming to power of new President Nestor Kirchner, the investigation was reopened.
Federal Prosecutor Alberto Nisman was found dead in late January in his apartment the day before the hearings in Congress, where he intended to present to Congress the documents supporting his accusations against the President of Argentina Cristina fernández de Kirchner, foreign Minister Hector Timerman and other high officials. Nisman accused them of being in secret negotiations with Iran over evasion of issuance of the court responsible for the attacks in Buenos Aires in 1990-ies in exchange for Iranian oil and weapons.
Earlier this year it became known that Iran has financed the election campaign of the current President of Argentina Cristina fernández de Kirchner – in exchange for its ongoing policy of «closing eyes» on the involvement of the regime of the ayatollahs to the terrorist attack at the Jewish center of Buenos Aires (AMIA), as well as nuclear know-how. In this transaction was involved in mediating the late President of Venezuela Hugo Chavez.
According to Brazilian magazine Veja, in 2007 the Ministry of Finance of Venezuela bought Argentine bonds in the amount of $ 6 billion to cover the debts. The Argentine government also received cash – one of the officials told about the famous suitcase Guido Antonioni Wilson, where he was held in the country and undeclared 800,000 dollars, obtained from the Iranians and designed the campaign Kirchner.