US Federal authorities have launched an investigation into the mass murder that occurred yesterday in San Bernardino, California, where three criminals opened fire at the Inland Regional Center building, which houses the offices of the organization involved in helping people with special needs. The victims of this crime were at least 14 people, another 21 were injured. The condition of ten victims is estimated by physicians that range from severe to critical.
This Thursday President Barack Obama previously declared that the motives of the crime are not clear to him and called to revise American laws on the right of citizens to keep and bear arms, recognized in his speech at the White house: this tragedy is probably an act of terrorism. However, it also does not exclude that the cause of the shooting became industrial dispute, December 3, writes the Washington Post.
The police chief County of San Bernardino Jarrod Burgan today held a press conference, during which reported: in the house of the gunman were discovered 12 improvised explosive devices, hundreds of components for bombs and more than 3,000 rounds of ammunition.
Bourgoin also said that the terrorists were planning to remotely actuate the left on the second floor of the building an explosive device. Their plan did not work due to technical malfunction «control panel». Police later found and defused the bomb. The terrorists only fired 65 to 75 shots, killing 14 people and injuring 21 people, and not 17 as previously reported.
Investigators traced the «origin» of the two rifles and two pistols that were used by criminals. These weapons were legally purchased, according to the ATF representative of Danette Seward.
Media noted that the difference between this crime from others in that it was made by a group of prepared people that would consider the murder as «mission», as well as participation in terrorist acts women.
The killer opened fire in the building Inland Regional Center at a time when the conference hall was the celebration timed to the upcoming Christmas.
NBC News and Reuters publish the names of the two attackers who were killed during a shootout with the police: 27-year-old native of Pakistan Tashfeen Malik and her husband, 28-year-old Syed Rizwan Farooq (Farouk said the involvement to the attack confirmed by police). The second assailant may have been the brother said.
According to the investigation, said Farouk went mad from the Inland centre, which hosted the staff party, and then went back with arms along with his accomplices and opened fire on the people.
Father said Farouk said that he learned about the incident from media reports, describing his son as «very religious Muslim». It is known that Saeed Farooq was born and raised in the U.S., was a specialist on the protection of the environment.
CNN TV channel with reference to its sources in the investigation agencies said that Saeed Rizwan Farooq liaised with representatives of international terrorist groups. FBI agents detained one of the alleged «recruiters» Farouk.
The California branch of the Council on American-Islamic relations (CAIR) and the Islamic Council of southern California held a press conference during which he expressed condolences to the relatives of the victims of the attack and condemned the actions of the attackers.
U.S. President Barack Obama was informed about the tragedy by his national security adviser. Earlier in an interview with CBS News he said that he considered it necessary to revise American laws on the right of citizens to keep and bear arms, stressing that in no other country in the world attacks with firearms do not happen with such frequency, as in the United States.