USA are convinced that the blow to the positions of the Syrian army in the province of dir al-Zur in Eastern Syria was caused to the Russian air force, not the American-led international coalition said the Syrian government, reports Reuters referring to a source in the military leadership of the United States.
Earlier on Monday the London-based Syrian organisation Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported citing the Syrian government that the planes of the Western coalition led by the United States, struck targets in the province of dir AZ-Zour, mainly controlled by Islamic state, killing three soldiers of the regular Syrian army and another 13 were injured. Later this information was officially confirmed by the government of Bashar al-Assad.
The U.S.-led coalition immediately rejected the accusations. «We know about these Syrian messages. However, on 6 December, the air force of the coalition did not act in this part of the province of dir al-Zur. They dealt a blow on objects located 50 kilometers from the camp», — said the press-Secretary of the coalition Colonel Steve Warren.